With the weather set to heat up soon, it’s time to dust off your goggles and find your beloved bathers as we prepare for another outdoor pool season of fun!
Facilities across the region will open for the 2020-21 season on 1 November, including outdoor pools at Colignan, Irymple, Merbein, Murrayville, Ouyen, Red Cliffs and Underbool. And while the indoor facilities at Mildura Waves will need to temporarily remain closed in line with the current COVID-19 restrictions, the 50m outdoor pool will also be making its return on 1 November.
As we continue to observe Government advice, all pools will operate under the relevant step of the Roadmap to Reopening which under the Third Step currently includes:
- A capacity limit of 50 people per pool (or the number allowed under the four square metre rule)
- Entry permitted for exercise purposes only (lap swimming and water-based exercise)
- Entry will not be permitted for recreational swimming, sun-bathing and child play
- Face masks are required to be worn at all times for patrons aged over 12 years (when not in the pool)
Changerooms, showers and toilets are permitted to open under the Third Step and will be made available at all facilities.
In partnership with Mildura Rural City Council, our team have been busily preparing for the upcoming season with a range of facility upgrades and maintenance projects undertaken to further improve the quality of these valued community assets. As part of this preparation and to support a safe opening we’ve also introduced new COVID Safe practices at all locations, including:
- COVID-19 Return to Work Training
- Safety, social distancing and hygiene signage
- Contactless transaction processes
- Contact tracing processes
- Hand hygiene stations and hand sanitiser
The opening of our facilities is being prepared in line with the Third Step of the Government’s Roadmap which currently applies across regional Victoria and is subject to change in line with Government advice. To remain up to date, we encourage you to visit our COVID-19 Response Web Page HERE and follow our social media pages.
For more information on our opening hours, entry prices and memberships, please visit our outdoor pool website HERE.
We can’t wait to celebrate another exciting Summer of fun across the Region with you and to welcome everyone back with a smile come 1 November.
Until we see you next, take care and stay safe.