Following today’s announcement from the Victorian Government, we’ve been given the green light to reopen the doors to Mildura Waves from 6am tomorrow (Friday 21 October) and can’t wait to welcome you back.
With the Government accelerating its vaccination targets, our journey out of lockdown also comes with an exciting increase of our capacity limits to fully vaccinated customers as follows:
- Health Club / Gym = 30 people (previously 10)
- Aquatic Area / Pools = 30 people (previously 20)
In line with current Government directions, these increased limits require us to introduce new vaccination requirements for our customers, with all persons aged 16 years or older required to provide proof of their vaccination status or exemption to gain entry.
Please be mindful, that while our team do not create the rules, they are required to enforce them, and we thank you in advance for your understanding as we navigate the new vaccination requirements as they come into effect.
NEW VACCINATION CHECKING PROCESS
To ensure we meet the requirements of the directions, all customers aged 16 years or older must provide proof of vaccination or exemption in order to gain entry to our facilities. This must be shown each time you visit and a copy carried with you (either electronically or printed) at all times. Currently we are not permitted to record your vaccination status and as such, you will be asked to show proof each time you visit.
To speed up the entry process, we encourage you to link your vaccination record to the Services Victoria app. Instructions on how to do this are available at: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/get-your-covid-19-digital-certificate
Approved options for proving your vaccination status include:
- Your COVID-19 digital certificate which can be accessed through the Services Victoria app, the Express Plus Medicare app or via your Medicare online account through myGov.
- A printed version of the COVID-19 digital certificate or immunisation history statement (available through myGov)
- A signed copy of your exemption form
- Further information on how to access your vaccination record is available at: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/get-your-covid-19-digital-certificate
In line with Government advice, unvaccinated persons or those who cannot provide proof of their vaccination status will not be permitted entry, and penalties may apply to those who do not comply or who carry a fake form of vaccination proof.
CURRENT SERVICE LEVELS
With Government restrictions remaining in place, we’ve had to continue with a number of temporary changes to our service levels as follows:
- Health Club/Gym: Open during all operating times, with no restriction on length of stay. Bookings not required.
- 25m Pool: Open during all operating times, with no restriction on length of stay. Bookings not required.
- Wave Pool: Open with modified operating times, with no restriction on length of stay. Bookings not required. Operating times as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 6am to 9.30am and 3.30pm to 6.30pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 6pm
- Spa/Sauna: Remain CLOSED in line with current Government direction.
- Change Rooms: Remain CLOSED in line with current Government direction. Access to toilets remains available.
- Group Fitness: Remains ON HOLD, with classes scheduled to return as our capacity limits are permitted to increase.
- Creche: Remains CLOSED, with reopening planned in line with the return of Group Fitness classes
- Memberships: Remain SUSPENDED while we operate in a reduced capacity and will be reactivated once our normal service levels can resume.
- Swim School: Regular classes remain SUSPENDED, with classes scheduled to return as our capacity limits are permitted to increase. Existing students enrolled in our modified October program will be contacted directly to discuss your return date.
As always, we will continue to be guided by relevant Government advice, announcements and restrictions, and will continue to provide updates via our social media pages and website as information is released.
PREPARING FOR YOUR NEXT VISIT
To help our team provide a safe environment for all, please remember to:
- Dress in appropriate swim/gym attire prior to arrival (change rooms remain CLOSED)
- Bring your photo ID, Eftpos card and membership tag (if applicable)
- Have your vaccination proof ready (either electronically or in printed version)
- Wear your facemask at all times, except when exercising or swimming
- Check-in using our QR Contact Tracing process
- Be kind to our team and those around you – We may not make the rules, however we are required to comply with them at all times
A FINAL MESSAGE TO OUR COMMUNITY
Our team are here to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all, so please remember to be kind and show understanding as we work to ensure this continues while we adhere to the latest restrictions.
To everyone in our community who has played their role throughout this lockdown to support our reopening, we say a big thank you and look forward to seeing you again soon!