Great news! There’s a new round of the Get Active Kids Voucher Program available now!
Thanks to the Victorian Government, your child could be eligible for up to $200 to support their involvement in sport and recreation activities, including swimming lessons here at Mildura Waves.
The Get Active Kids Voucher Program helps eligible families by assisting with the cost of membership and registration fees, uniforms and equipment for affiliated sports with applications now open until 10 May 2023.
Financial support is available through two funding streams:
- Reimbursement for costs already paid
- A voucher towards future costs not yet paid
To help your family access this funding we’ve put together the key information needed for you, with full details of the program available at: https://www.getactive.vic.gov.au/vouchers/apply-for-vouchers/
Who can apply?
To apply for a Get Active Kids voucher, each child must be:
- 18 years or under, and
- living in Victoria, and
- named on a current Australian Government Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, and
- named on a valid Australian Government Medicare card.
Special consideration may apply if your child doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria but is aged 0 to 18 years, a resident in Victoria and meets one of the following criteria:
- the child is currently residing in Victorian Care Services; or
- the child/family is a temporary or provisional visa holder, undocumented migrant or international student.
To be considered for special consideration please email email@example.com
What costs can be covered through this program?
The following is a guide only based on some of the key fees and items needed to participate in eligible activities:
- Swimming lessons – Lesson fees; equipment such as bathers, goggles, swimming cap
- Swimming – Registration/membership fees; equipment such as bathers, goggles, swimming cap
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
I have multiple children; can I apply for more than one program?
You can apply for multiple children/dependants by submitting separate application forms, with up to $200 available per application.
What information do I need to apply?
- Our Activity Provider code – #3154460 or search for “Aligned Leisure” as the provider
- Your name and address
- The name of your child you are claiming for
- Healthcare card or Pensioner card number
- Bank account details (where the voucher monies will be paid directly into)
- Medicare number and reference number for the child you are claiming for
- (For reimbursements) Invoices and/or receipts as proof of purchase or copy of payment plan agreement to attach to your claim
If you need assistance with obtaining a copy of any invoices or receipts for costs incurred at one of our facilities, please call our friendly team on (03) 5018 7500.
How do I apply?
To apply, follow these simple steps:
- Visit https://service.vic.gov.au/find-services/outdoor-and-recreation/get-active-kids
- Select “Apply for a Voucher”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to register your details and complete the online application
How do I redeem my voucher if successful?
Simply share your voucher code with us once received and we’ll deduct the relevant amount from your fees.
For further information visit https://www.getactive.vic.gov.au/vouchers/apply-for-vouchers/