We’re just days away from major works commencing to upgrade our male, female and family change facilities, giving these areas a welcome improvement and the first upgrade they’ve received in almost 20 years!
With thanks to Mildura Rural City Council, contractors will be on-site from Monday 3 February to deliver the $720,000 project which is scheduled for completion in August 2020.
The project will not only include a visual upgrade to each space, but also a significant improvement to the layout aimed at making them more user friendly for our valued members and guests.
The project will be completed in 3 stages to ensure that appropriate change room access is maintained throughout the upgrades, with the male change rooms to be closed and completed as part of Stage 1. Signage will be placed throughout the centre from the commencement date to direct patrons to the temporary change facilities.
Key upgrades include:
All change rooms:
- replace existing cubical partitions, wall tiling, fittings and fixtures
- new full-height wall tiling
- new LED lighting
- new paint
- new resin flooring
Family change rooms:
- separate cubicles for family changing
- improved access
- new partitioning system
Men’s and women’s change rooms and amenities:
- remove bench seating in change room
- new shower layout to maximise the number of cubicles
- new ceiling height, level with existing exhaust vents
- replace timber bench seating with new, more durable recycled plastic seating
- grab rails to some sitting locations for the elderly and disabled
- replace the open shower arrangement in the men’s change rooms with cubicles to improve privacy, particular for children.
Once completed, the project will provide a fresh, modern facility and a better experience for our users for years to come.
If you have any questions regarding the project please contact firstname.lastname@example.org